The Central Bank published an explanatory video with all the steps. In addition, there on the entity’s page you can check which banks offer it.
The steps to obtain this account without paying anything at the time of opening it and not maintenance are:
- Choose the bank: People who do not have a bank account can access this new Free Universal Account at the bank of their choice. All entities must offer this product.
- Documentation needed: the only requirement to open it will be the presentation of the DNI.
- Opening and cards: with the opening of the Universal Free Account, users will have free access to a debit card and mobile banking keys.
Who is the CGU intended for?
To all people who do not have a bank account.
What does it take to open a CGU?
Only, have an ID and not have another bank account.
- Without opening costs, maintenance, movements of funds and balance inquiries at ATMs of different banks and networks in the country.
- Money withdrawals at no cost at any ATM of the bank you choose to open it.
- Up to eight monthly cash withdrawals at no cost, at any ATM.
Where can it be opened?
From February 1, 2020, all entities must offer the Universal Free Account. If the bank refuses to open it, a claim can be presented to the person in charge of customer service of financial services of that same bank.