"I support Valentine Monnier for her shocking, courageous and precise testimony, I am in total support", said actress twice cesarisee Adele Haenel to the newspaper The world , Friday, November 8. "I believe it. His approach arouses all the more admiration that his aggressor is powerful", She writes elsewhere in a written statement made to the Parisian and at Mediapart. "Since Monday, I hear emotionally speak of a new awareness. This awareness awakens us today to welcome the word of Valentine Monnier, to support her, to take care of her story"Continues the French actress.
In full promotion of Cecile Sciamma's film Portrait of the girl on fireThe actress defended French photographer Valentine Monnier, who accuses Roman Polanski of raping her in 1975.
In a survey published by Mediapart on Sunday, November 3, Adele Haenel accused the director Christophe Ruggia of inappropriate sexual behavior between his 12 and 15 years. In her testimony, the actress had already considered that the situation of Roman Polanski constituted "Unfortunately an emblematic case" abuse.
Valentine Monnier claimed to have been raped by the filmmaker in Switzerland when she was eighteen. "I had no connection with him, no staff, no professional and hardly knew him", told the Parisian photographer, who was a model in New York and played in some movies in the 80s, as Three men and a bassinet. "It was extremely violent after a ski run in his chalet in Gstaad (Switzerland). He hit me, beat me to my surrender, and then raped me by subjecting me to all the vicissitudes. "says this daughter of Alsatian industrialists.
"An emblematic case" of abuse
Valentine Monnier, whose charges are added to those of other women in recent years, says she has not filed a complaint for these facts, now prescribed. But she claims to have decided to publicly bear this accusation because of the release in France of the film I accuse , which deals with the Dreyfus affair.
The filmmaker's lawyer, Herve Temime, asserts Parisian as Roman Polanski "Strongly denies any charge of rape" and observes that these alleged facts from 45 years ago "Have never been brought to the attention of the judicial authority". Asked by AFP, the lawyer did not wish to make further comments in the immediate future.
See also: No Stop People – Roman Polanski accused of sexual assault: The director goes to the wall (31/10/2019)
No Stop People – Roman Polanski accused of sexual assault: Director goes to the wall – Watch on Figaro Live