U. de Chile Report: The pellets used by Carabineros have only 20% rubber | National

0
5



The faculty of mechanical engineering of the University of Chile published a study of the composition of the pellets used by police Chile as a deterrent weaponry, amid controversy over the damage they cause to people.

The report requested by the eye trauma unit of the Hospital of El Salvador in Santiago, states that in the pellets only 20% corresponds to rubber and that the remaining 80% includes three other compounds.

Among the other components appears the silica, barium sulfate and lead. The educational entity adds that the pellets, on the scale of measurement of the elastic hardness of the materials, have a 96.5 Shore A (of a maximum of 100).



Source link
https://www.adnradio.cl/noticias/nacional/informe-de-u-de-chile-los-balines-utilizados-por-carabineros-tienen-solamente-un-20-de-goma/20191116/nota/3979903.aspx

Dmca

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here