Football – Kiel – Holstein sports chief StOver does not exclude winter departures – sports

0
0


Kiel (AP) – Sports director Uwe StOver has basically excluded retirements at the football second division Holstein Kiel in the winter break. Over the years, I have freed myself from excluding things, "said the 52-year-old in an interview with the Kieler Nachrichten (Monday edition)." If a club comes from the Premier League and can lay twelve million euros, can I say no bad. "

Over the past few years, the second half of the table had repeatedly experienced major changes and had to hand over several top performers. The club and the people involved would have "certainly not wanted that," said Stover. "But that's the way things are when players put themselves in the limelight, but it's hard to fight back."

StOver had come in early October as successor to Fabian Wohlgemuth to the Kiel. One of his first acts was the promotion of Ole Werner from interim to head coach. "There were many things that spoke for him," StOver said about the only 31-year-old Holstein coach. "And there were many things that spoke against other candidates." Werner replaced Andre Schubert, who had been on leave for only a few games.

The remainder of the year called StOver "still demanding". Until the winter break, the North Germans have four away games in five point games. "Now it's about competing against teams that are tabloid not far from us." The next game of the Kiel is on Saturday at the last Wehen Wiesbaden.



Source link
https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fussball-kiel-holstein-sportchef-stoever-schliesst-winter-abgaenge-nicht-aus-dpa.urn-newsml-dpa-com-20090101-191118-99-778785

Dmca

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here